About this product
This pack includes:
- 2 x Sugar X
Created to help you kick sugars to the curb, the Sugar X is a convenient oral spray with *Gymnema leaf which has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to temporarily reduce the taste of sweetness on the tongue. Take before eating to flick the switch on sugar.
Sugar X can helps you to consume less sugar by temporarily changing the way your tongue tastes sugar.
Reasons to LOVE Sugar X
- Defy Sugar
- Can help you to consume less sugar by temporarily changing the way sweet foods taste
- Contains naturally derived peppermint oil and stevia
- Caffeine free
- Breastfeeding friendly
How to use
Adults: take 2mls (2 sprays 4 times per day) directly onto the tongue before eating to reduce the taste of sweetness in foods. Maximum of 16 sprays (8ml) per day.
Key Ingredient: Gymnema Leaf
Gymnema is a woody climbing shrub, the leaves are used to make medicine. Gymnema Leaf has a long history of use in Ayurvedic medicine. The Hindi name for gymnema means “destroyer of sugar.” Gymnema leaf extract, notably the peptide ‘Gurmarin’, has been found to interfere with the ability of the taste buds on the tongue to taste sweet and bitter. Gymnemic acid has a similar effect. It is believed that by inhibiting the sweet taste sensation, people taking it will limit their intake of sweet foods.
Gymnema Sylvestre (Gymnema) Leaf, Peppermint Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Stevia, Glycerol, Purified Water
- Store below 25 C
- For FAQ’s on Sugar X, click here
- Read our blog on 8 ways to battle sugar cravings
- Find out Everything you need to know about sugar
Peppermint Oil and Breastfeeding
Peppermint oil contains an active called Menthol (the component that gives it its minty freshness) and there is some anecdotal evidence that in high doses, this may decrease breastmilk supply. Herbal textbooks do not suggest any issues with breastfeeding.
Peppermint tea is considered generally safe to be drunk by breastfeeding mums in amounts of 1-2 cups per day. A peppermint tea bag contains approximately 100mg of essential oil (with a maximum of 60mg of menthol) = 1-2 cups of peppermint tea which is considered SAFE has between 100mg-200mg of peppermint oil and 60mg-120mg of menthol.
Each dose of Sugar X (2mls) contains 2mg of peppermint oil and 0.86mg of menthol.
A full days worth of Sugar X (8mls – 4 x 2 sprays) = 8mg of peppermint and 3.44mg of menthol
Therefore Sugar X has significantly less peppermint and menthol than 1/4 cup of peppermint tea.
- Contains Potassium Sorbate.
- Not suitable for use during pregnancy.
- If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner. Do not use if tamper seal is broken.
- If you are a diabetic, hypoglycaemic or taking medications to control your blood sugar, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking Sugar X