About this product
The BOOST Snack Pack Contains:
- 1 x NEW Vitamin C + Zinc Boost
- 1 x The Healthy Mummy Snack Bars 10 Pack
- 1 x Choc Caramel Protein Ball Mix
- 1 x Sugar X
NEW Vitamin C + Zinc Boost in detail
The Vitamin C + Zinc Boost is here to provide you with immune support.*
Each tub contains 30 serves and is 120g
The delicious effervescent drink is quick and easy to make and will give you an instant vitamin boost. It’s a good source of Vitamin C and Zinc, both of which supports normal immune function. The refreshing and delicious lemon and lime flavoured drink can be consumed once a day, every day.
Each tub contains more Vitamin C than 34 oranges!
Reasons to LOVE the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost Drink
- Immune support^
- Good source of Vitamin C – 200% of Recommended Daily Intake
- Good source of Zinc – 100% of Recommended Daily Intake
- Refreshing lemon and lime flavoured drink with fizz
- Just 8 calories per serve
- 99% sugar free, less than 1g sugar per serve
- Breastfeeding friendly
How to use
Add 1 level tsp (4g) of powder into 125ml of water, stirring well until powder has dissolved. Consume one serve, once a day.
Vitamin C helps…
- reduce the duration and severity of common cold symptoms
- protect against free radicals
- support antioxidant activity
- with the absorption of iron
- to assist in connective tissue formation
- maintain immune function
- the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, gums and teeth
- maintain healthy skin
What does the Nutritionist say?
Nutritional Information and Ingredients
^Contains vitamin C + zinc which contribute to normal immune system function
Q1. Can children consume the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost?
A1. The Vitamin C + Zinc Boost is not recommended for children under the age of 8 years.
Q2. How often can I consume the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost?
A2. Once per day, a teaspoon (4g) serve of Vitamin C + Zinc Boost is the recommended daily quantity.
Q3. Is the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost suitable for vegans and vegetarians?
A3. Yes, the Vitamin C + Zinc boost is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Q4. Does the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost contain any artificial colours, flavours or preservatives?
A4. The Vitamin C + Zinc boost contains no artificial colours, flavours, or preservatives.
Q5. Where is the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost manufactured?
A5. The Vitamin C + Zinc Boost is blended in Australia using a range of Australian made and imported raw materials. The imported raw materials are sourced from Germany, Japan, Korea and China.
Q6. Will the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost stop me from getting sick?
A6. Vitamin C + Zinc Boost will help maintain a normal functioning immune system.
Q7. Does the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost contain caffeine?
A7. The Vitamin C + Zinc boost does not contain caffeine.
Q8. Can I consume the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
A8. There are no ingredients in the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost that are likely to cause any concern for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. The Upper Limit of Intake for Vitamin C for pregnant and lactating women is recommended as no more than 1000 mg per day. The ULI for zinc for pregnant & lactating women is recommended as 40mg per day. The Vitamin C + Zinc boost has substantially lower quantities
Q9. Does the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost contain any allergens?
A9. This product contains no allergens.
Q10. The average quantity per serve for Vitamin C is only 80mg, some brands have nearly 1000mg. Is this product not so good?
A10. An average serve of the Vitamin C + Zinc Boost contains 80mg of Vitamin C, which is 200% of you RDI (Recommended Dietary Intake). To an extent anything over 100% just comes out in your urine so is essentially is a waste to consume more than is necessary
The Healthy Mummy Protein Snack Bars in detail
The Healthy Mummy Snack Bars are a delicious and nutritious snack that contains protein and an excellent source of your daily fibre. The snack bars are made with specially selected whole food ingredients and are breastfeeding friendly.
The bars are designed as a convenient snack bar that can replace one of your daily snacks.
The Snack Bars come in a box of 10 snack bars (45g each) and are great protein snack for when you are on the run!
- Excellent source of fibre
- Good source of natural protein
- Less than 220 calories per 45g bar
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Low sodium
- GMO free
Saturated Fat and the Benefits of MCT’s
The type of saturated fat in the Snack Bars is from Coconut and is Medium Chain Triglycerides (also known as MCT’s). MCT is the main form of fat in coconut making up at least 50% of the total fat content.
Some benefits of MCTs as opposed to other types of saturated fats include the following:
- Rapidly absorbed by the body and more quickly metabolised (burned) as fuel
- Very efficiently converted into fuel for immediate use by organs and muscles
- Anti-aging properties such as promoting the development of ketones which is good for the ageing brain
- Suppress appetite.
Cheree Sheldon, Nutritionist
Finally, a snack bar that is both full of health benefits and chocolatey goodness! Love the fact that this bar contains chicory root, as it will love your liver at the same time as being a prebiotic and antioxidant!
These bars are high in fibre and contain a nice amount of protein, so you feel fuller for longer…And it hits the sweet cravings on the head at the same time. Winning!
Double Choc Snack Bars
- For more FAQ’s on our Snack Bars click here
- Allergy information – These Healthy Mummy Snack Bars contain dairy, soy and nuts. It does not contain gluten ingredients but has not undergone gluten free testing for us to make the packaging claim.
Choc-Caramel Protein Ball Mix in detail
The Healthy Mummy Choc-Caramel Protein Ball Mix is super easy to make and the balls taste delicious!
Our Choc-Caramel Protein Ball Mix is an all-natural and delicious ball with whole food ingredients for a morning buzz, a late afternoon fix or a healthy snack.
Specifically designed for busy mums, The Healthy Mummy’s protein balls are easy-to-make with no baking required. With 3g of protein per ball, wholegrain ingredients, whey protein, coconut flour and cacao nibs, they’re a delicious treat that’ll help you through the day, the healthy way.
All-natural. Nutritious. Delicious. Fun. Honest.
What makes them so great?
- Specifically formulated for Busy Mums
- Safe for use whilst Breastfeeding
- Free from artificial flavours or colours
- Delicious Choc-caramel flavour
- Whole food ingredients
- 3g of protein per ball*
- Makes 15 balls*
- Compact and easy to carry, for mums on the run
- Enjoy as a morning boost, a late afternoon fix or a healthy snack
- No blender required
- No baking required – these balls are ready in 7 easy steps!
How to make
You will need:
- Choc Caramel Protein Ball Mix
- 3 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- Step 1: Pour mixture into a large bowl
- Step 2: Heat rice malt syrup and coconut oil in microwave until bubbling.
- Step 3: Add rice malt syrup and coconut oil to the mixture and stir through evenly
- Step 4: Add 1 cup of boiling water to the mixture and stir well
- Step 5: All mix to stand and cool for 15 minutes
- Step 6: Roll 1 tablespoon of mixture into a ball and roll in desiccated coconut until well covered.
- Step 7: Place balls in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to eat
Prep time: 20 minutes. No baking required.
“No bake mixes are extremely easy to use and so handy for any mum or mum to be!
I love the simplistic list of ingredients and the fact that there is no added sugar. It makes it easier to control what you eat and what your kids are eating.
The flavours work really well together and it helps to prevent naughty snacking. It’s a great product that I would recommend to anyone wanting to eat healthy.”
- The certified organic oats are not gluten free.
- For FAQ’s on the Choc Caramel Protein Ball Mix please click here
Sugar X in detail
KICK SUGAR TO THE CURB. Sugar X is a convenient oral liquid spray with Gymnema leaf which has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to temporarily reduce the taste of sweetness on the tongue before eating to flick the switch on sugar.
The main ingredient in Sugar X is Gymnema Leaf which has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic Medicine to limit intake of sweet foods by temporarily changing the way your tongue tastes sugar.
Watch Healthy Mummy Founder tall about Sugar X
Reasons to LOVE Sugar X
- Contains Gymnema Leaf which is traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to reduce the sweet taste recognition on the tongue before eating
- Contains natural peppermint oil and stevia. Please see full ingredients list below
- Breastfeeding friendly
How to use
Adults: spray 2mL (2 sprays 4 times per day) directly onto the tongue before eating. Maximum of 16 sprays (4mL) per day.
Always read the label and follow directions for use.
Key Ingredient: Gymnema Leaf
Gymnema is a woody climbing shrub, the leaves are used to make Ayurvedic medicine. The Hindi name for gymnema means “destroyer of sugar.” Gymnema leaf extract, notably the peptide ‘Gurmarin’, has been found to interfere with the ability of the taste buds on the tongue to taste sweet and bitter. Gymnemic acid has a similar effect. According to traditional Ayurvedic medicine, people taking Gymnema limit their intake of sweet foods due to the inhibition of the sweet taste sensation.
Each 2ml contains: Gymnema Sylvestre (Gymnema) Leaf ext dry equiv dry 2g.
Excipients: Peppermint Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Stevia ext dry, Glycerol, Purified Water, Maltodextrin
- Store below 25°C
- Quantity of goods 50mL
- For FAQ’s on Sugar X, click here
Watch Sugar X on Today Tonight
Peppermint Oil and Breastfeeding
Peppermint oil contains an active compound called Menthol (the component that gives it its minty freshness) and there is some anecdotal evidence that in high doses, this may decrease breastmilk supply.
Peppermint tea is considered generally suitable to be drunk by breastfeeding mums in amounts of 1-2 cups per day1. A peppermint tea bag contains approximately 100mg of essential oil (with a maximum of 60mg of menthol)2, therefore, 1-2 cups provides 100-200mg peppermint oil, and 60-120mg of menthol.
The maximum recommended dose of Sugar X (16 sprays or 4mL daily) provides 4mg peppermint oil and 1.72mg Menthol.
Therefore Sugar X contains only a small fraction of the amount of peppermint oil and menthol compared to peppermint tea
- Contains Potassium Sorbate.
- Not suitable for use during pregnancy.
- Do not use if tamper seal is broken.
- If you have blood sugar irregularities and/or are taking medication to control your blood sugar, please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking Sugar X
2Kowalski, Radosław & Baj, Tomasz & Kowalska, Grażyna & Pankiewicz, Urszula. (2015). Estimation of Potential
Availability of Essential Oil in Some Brands of Herbal Teas and Herbal Dietary Supplements. PloS one. 10.