Lying on your back, place your hands by your sides with palms facing down. Keeping your back flat on the floor slide your feet in towards your bum to form an arch. Engage your core by tucking your belly button in towards your spine and prepare to raise your legs off the floor.
Extend your left leg straight ahead at a 45 degree angle to the floor and your right leg close to 90 degrees towards the ceiling with toes pointing straight ahead. Keeping your back flat on the floor start to raise your left leg whilst lowering your right leg to form a scissor motion between your knees as they cross over. Once both legs have switched positions repeat the movement by returning each leg back the starting position. If you find your back starting to arch try only lowering your lower leg to a position 60 degrees to the floor instead of 45 degrees at this will put less strain on your lower back.
Core and abdominal strengthening
*If you have abdominal muscle separation avoid this exercise and instead perform a Bird Dog exercise
Starting Position Lying on your back, place your hands by your sides with palms facing down. Keeping your back flat on the floor slide your feet in towards your bum to form an arch. Engage your core by tucking your …
You may also be interested in
- See What’s New In Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge App
- Why Focusing On The Butt And Thighs Is Good For Weight Loss
- 10 Fun Ways to Exercise as a Family
- 10 Healthier Ways To Prepare Family Favourite Meals
- Avoid Winter Takeaway Excuses
Results from mums
* Results or situations may vary from person to person and results cannot be guaranteed
Get our smoothies
96% Sugar Free+
100% FRUCTOSE FREE
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do the Plans work?
- Is it safe during breastfeeding?
- What is in your products?
- Where can I see people like me who have lost weight?
- What support do you offer?
- Need help finding the right plan?